Φυλλο

Φυλλο

Τετάρτη 1 Ιουνίου 2016

the quantum feel of the modes of existence

(when I talk about quantum mechanics below I am talking about a quite elementary level of quantum mechanics. I was trained as an experimental physicist and my knowledge of quantum filed theory etc is very very very superficial. I have in mind QM as in the 3rd Volume of Feynman's lectures in Physics and the first chapters of "Feynman, R. P., Hibbs, A. R., & Styer, D. (2010). Quantum mechanics and path integrals. Dover Publications.")


Pg 298
"There is no other world—but there are worlds differently altered by each mode."

And here I was, walking in my city Volos, wandering about the presence of the modes of existence. And as I walked, I saw the flowers that the major has put next to the pavement, in long lines. A major that is quite a contested figure here.

So the experience of this meeting with the flower could also be perceived as a starting point along different trajectories, each defined by their own [PRE]-vector: There it was an existent going along its unique path of life [REP], an ever chaning existant [MET],  meeting that was a case of [HAB] to be possibly retracted from its smooth ways, a part of a technical project [TEC] (the irrigation pipe was clear next to it, not mentioning the pavement and the way the flower was brought forth for such uses), an object for artistic contemplation [FIC], a scientific species [REF], a contested matter of politics [POL] (who was selected so that these plants were baught from), a legal issue [LAW] (what if I step on them?) , a religious message [REL] (Is somebody talking to me?), a part of my life in Volos [ATT], a matter of disciplinary movement [ORG] (drivers don' tdare to step on them), a part of broader concerns [MOR] (are flowers the priority at this point?).

It is like an explosion, like me and the flowers are scattered in a future of potentialities, like an image of multiple worlds, only that the dimensions are not the dimensions of string theory , but the dimensions defined by [PRE].

I could imagine that my "I" is distanced far away and sees from beyond the multiverse of the modes and then "I" ( a model of myself) is seen too and "comprehended". But this would be a new kind of bifurcatory move. I can abstain from it and prefer to stray within a space of discourses and fleeting subjectivities and objectivities. It is probably better.

Now what comes to my mind quantum-mechanically (though I propose one to avoid the "sight from beyond") is the beautiful presentation of Feymnan of the unfolding of an electron's future, each time splitting in different directions (trajectories), having different "weights".  It is the picture in "Quantum mechanics and path integrals". Then one may pose a question. And the big "tree" of potentialities provides a (probabilistic ) answer. Similarly we humans seem to "pose questions" by existing in our ways. Or maybe we register meetings/witnessings .

I am now thinking that one does not have to see the elaborate mathematical construction of the paths in QMs and the functions that accompany them as something "that has to be out there". It is a poem, and it is so beautifully constructed that the world is moved by it (as we are moved by poems). It is so beautifully constructed that uppon a question been formed in us, it responds with a probabilistic oracle which reality respects.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου